This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Kalms’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Kalms. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 9 June 2004
- Positions held at time of appointment: President, Dixons Groups plc. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Kalms (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Kalms voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Arbitration and Mediation Services (Equality) Bill [HL]: Second Reading (19 Oct 2012)
“My Lords, the substance of the Bill is straightforward, and it should be acceptable to all Members of this House. It is this: that the law of the land is, and must remain, paramount; no law should ever override or sit above the law of this land; and, while amendments can and will be made to our laws, the fundamental bedrock principles on which our legal system is based not only cannot but...”
- Companies' Remuneration Reports Bill [HL]: Second Reading (24 Apr 2009)
“My Lords, the Bill of the noble Lord, Lord Gavron, deeply intrigued me, as we both come from a very similar commercial background. You might say that we were a couple of old-time entrepreneurs. We were both beneficiaries of a buoyant market economy and created substantial commercial and profitable businesses, which, without being immodest, were I believe of high reputation. In due course, we...”
- Gaza — Motion to Take Note (6 Feb 2009)
“My Lords, nobody in this House supports the death of innocents. Nobody in this House feels anything but sadness over the death of children. But in the debate over Israel's defensive actions in the Gaza in recent weeks, a terrible misapportionment of blame has occurred. We have witnessed a widespread moral inversion, and not only in this House, in which victims have been painted as aggressors...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 14.08% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 10 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Kalms’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 8 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)