This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Janvrin’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Janvrin. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 18 October 2007
- Send a message to Lord Janvrin (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Janvrin voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Succession to the Crown Bill — Third Reading (22 Apr 2013)
“I declare an interest as a former member of the Royal Household and I pay tribute to the desire of the noble Lord, Lord Cormack, to see this important point discussed in this House. What has just been said about making explicit what is implicit is important, but this amendment is not absolutely necessary. There are three reasons for that. First, as has just been stated, we are where we are,...”
- Succession to the Crown Bill — Second Reading (14 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, I am grateful for the opportunity to contribute to this important debate. I, too, must declare an interest as a former member of the Queen's Household, and I should add, if it needs adding, that what I say represents my own views alone. I share the general view that any constitutional change needs to be approached with great caution and infinite care. Laws and conventions shaped by...”
- Leveson Inquiry — Motion to Take Note (11 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, while it goes without saying that a robust, free press is an essential ingredient in a free society, even the most cursory reading of Lord Justice Leveson's excellent report confirms that there have been major problems with the culture, practices and ethics of some parts of our press. As many noble Lords have alluded to today, this is not a new problem. The fact that in the past 70...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 9.74% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Janvrin’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 9 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)