This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Janner of Braunstone’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Janner of Braunstone
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Janner of Braunstone (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Janner of Braunstone voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Israel and Palestine — Question for Short Debate (7 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, in my career and personal life I have been proud to work and continue to work for both Jews and Arabs in Israel and the neighbouring countries. I have spent much time building bridges between their communities, working together on their similarities and differences, and discussing how we live and more importantly how they can live happily together. This is why I believe it is...”
- Israel: Arab Citizens — Motion to Take Note (13 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, it would be very good if mutual faiths could bring us together and ensure that we have as much peace as possible between people of different religions in different parts of the world. One problem is that this does not always happen, as is the case in the Middle East. Sadly, inequality and discrimination happen throughout the world. Even sometimes here in Britain we, as citizens,...”
- Ugandan Asians — Motion to Take Note (6 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, I thank the noble Lord, Lord Cormack, especially for his kind words about me and about the Jewish community, of which am part. I praise my noble friend Lord Popat on this remarkable and important debate on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the exile of the Ugandan Asian community from their home by Idi Amin. My noble friend was right that there similarities between his...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 46.08% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 14 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Janner of Braunstone’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 58 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)