This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Hylton’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Hylton. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1967
- Send a message to Lord Hylton (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Hylton voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- G8 Meeting — Question (21 May 2013)
“Does the noble Baroness agree that Syria should be high on the G8 agenda, because of both the huge loss of life and the impact on all the neighbouring states? Would this topic not include violence against women in particular, such as mothers who have been forced to leave their homes in Syria?”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Children: Sexual Abuse and Exploitation (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they will include child protection issues, and in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, in all consultations with foreign Governments on human rights and international development.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Iran (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the prospects of the release from imprisonment in Iran of the seven former leaders of the Baha’i faith, known collectively as the Yaran.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 231 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 33.96% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 16 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Hylton’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 263 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)