This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Hurd of Westwell’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Hurd of Westwell
We’re missing a photo of Lord Hurd of Westwell. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Hurd of Westwell (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Hurd of Westwell voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Iraq: Chilcot Inquiry — Question (22 Apr 2013)
“Could my noble friend inject a little urgency into this process? The furthest we got from him today was that we would have the benefit of the report in the fullness of time. In our experience, the fullness of time is fairly full.”
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL] — Commons Amendments (25 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I must add a word of praise for the two speeches that we have just listened to and a word of exhortation to the Minister to pursue more effectively the lines that he set out. We can welcome the steps that he outlined, so far as we understand them on first reading. Whether those steps will be taken or in some way accelerated by the fact that we are having this debate and passed an...”
- Liaison Committee — Motion to Agree (21 Mar 2013)
“Can we pinpoint this a little? We cannot hold the noble Lord to the exact figures, but it would be very helpful to have an illustrative declaration statement of what a foreign affairs committee would probably cost. We have gone around the subject, but we have to tackle that basic point, as it is crucial. Of course, as my noble friend has pointed out, if one abandoned the idea of a soft power...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 22.18% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 11 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Hurd of Westwell’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)