This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Hunt of Kings Heath’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Hunt of Kings Heath
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Hunt of Kings Heath (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Hunt of Kings Heath voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Care Bill [HL]: Second Reading (21 May 2013)
“My Lords, we are approaching the end of what has been a serious and expert debate on the Care Bill, which has clearly drawn considerable support from your Lordships’ House. However as speaker after speaker has pointed out, there is a marked contrast between the Bill’s intentions and the reality of the health and social care system, which is under huge financial pressure at the...”
- NHS: GP Services — Statement (21 May 2013)
“My Lords, first, I refer noble Lords to my health interests as set out in the register. The noble Earl is certainly right about one thing: that the health and social care system is under huge pressure. Hospitals are full to bursting, discharge is becoming ever more difficult, and social care and the voluntary sector are struggling to fulfil the demands being placed upon them. However, from...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Health: Patient Hotels (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their estimate of the start-up costs of establishing patient hotels. To ask Her Majesty’s Government what estimate they have made of the projected savings of operating a system of patient hotels; and whether those savings will be reinvested into the budget of the Department of Health. To ask Her Majesty’s Government who will manage...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 78 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 140 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 81.59% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 61 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 39 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Hunt of Kings Heath’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2496 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)