This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Hughes of Woodside’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Hughes of Woodside
We’re missing a photo of Lord Hughes of Woodside. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Hughes of Woodside (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Hughes of Woodside voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Childcare Ratios — Statement (9 May 2013)
“In the traffic this morning coming into the House, I happened to have the radio on and heard the very eminent professor who conducted the study on childcare. She said that she was totally opposed to the changes and the ratios recommended by Government. Will the Minister listen to her?”
- Banking: Quantitative Easing — Question (27 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, given that the Minister was in purdah the last time I raised this issue, can he now say what the possibility is of banks being allowed to levy negative interest on savings accounts? Who will be in charge of this, as the new Governor of the Bank of England has said that he was within days of doing this in Canada? Who is going to protect savings?”
- Armed Forces: Autonomous Weapon Systems — Question (26 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, in responding to my noble friend and to other noble Lords who have raised this Question, because it is so important will the Minister place copies of his answers in the Library?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 85.65% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Hughes of Woodside’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 79 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)