This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Howie of Troon’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Howie of Troon
We’re missing a photo of Lord Howie of Troon. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1978
- Send a message to Lord Howie of Troon (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Howie of Troon voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill: Report (4th Day) (Continued) (11 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I want to make a very brief observation with regard to orphan works. The existing definition of an orphan work is not terribly satisfactory. The matter came before the previous Government in their last weeks-I see my noble friend Lord Young nodding over there-when I was successful in persuading them to accept a new definition of what an orphan work actually was, so that people would...”
- Energy: Wind Farms — Question for Short Debate (9 Nov 2011)
“My Lords, I hesitate to intervene in what is clearly a Welsh evening but I am happy to come to the aid of my fellow Celts on this occasion. I congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Thomas, on securing this debate and on the powerful manner in which he introduced it. I should say that I have a kind of background in Wales. Older Members of the House, if there are any present, may remember that I...”
- Identity Documents Bill: Consideration of Commons Reason (21 Dec 2010)
“My Lords, this has become somewhat unsatisfactory. Is it not time to send for the Leader of the House?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 56.15% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Howie of Troon’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 36 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)