This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Howell of Guildford’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Howell of Guildford
We’re missing a photo of Lord Howell of Guildford. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Howell of Guildford (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Howell of Guildford voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (5th Day) (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, I will concentrate on two points. There has been a lot of talk about what was missing from the Queen’s Speech, mostly focusing on aspects of the European debate. However, my concern is with another word that was missing: it is “Commonwealth”. It was mentioned briefly by the Minister when she spoke but it did not appear in the Queen’s Speech, which is a great...”
- Retail Prices Index — Question (24 Apr 2013)
“Did the Minister notice the other day that Sir Mervyn King, the outgoing Governor of the Bank of England, said that one of the main contributors to rising RPI and therefore rising inflation was higher energy taxes? Every time the RPI goes up, it generates a gigantic increase in public expenditure through indexed provisions in the public sector. Could he possibly advise his friends to think...”
- Liaison Committee — Motion to Agree (21 Mar 2013)
“Will the Chairman of Committees bear in mind, before the meeting in June that he has just mentioned, that the outside views to which my noble friend Lord Hurd has referred are growing and very urgent? They come from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, where some of us have served and which, I understand, is very willing and anxious to have this kind of opening, and the House of Commons...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 48.48% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 17 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Howell of Guildford’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1162 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)