This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Higgins’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Higgins. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Higgins (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Higgins voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Airports: London — Question (10 Jun 2013)
“Given that the legislation for a hub at Maplin Sands went through with comparatively few problems back in the mid-1970s, is there not a case for looking at that site again?”
- Economy: Fiscal Framework — Question (4 Jun 2013)
“Does my noble friend agree that the impression that one gets of the IMF’s views on the Chancellor’s policies by reading the press are very different from the impression one gets if one actually reads the IMF reports?”
- Schools: Sport — Question (20 May 2013)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 49.31% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Higgins’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 615 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)