This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Haskel’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Haskel. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1993
- Send a message to Lord Haskel (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Haskel voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Jobseekers (Back to Work Schemes) Bill — Committee (and remaining stages) (25 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I must inform your Lordships that the result of Division 3 on Amendment 5A should have been Contents 35, Not-Contents 139-not 137 as announced.”
- Budget Statement — Motion to Take Note (21 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, many noble Lords seem to agree that we are in a difficult economic situation. Some noble Lords have explained that this is because the Government's plans to stimulate, rebalance and grow the economy are clearly not working. Yet we are told that there is no alternative and that one day the policy will work-but at what cost? The highly respected Trussell Trust expects the number of...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 65.87% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Haskel’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 233 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)