This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Gordon of Strathblane’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Gordon of Strathblane
We’re missing a photo of Lord Gordon of Strathblane. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Gordon of Strathblane (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Gordon of Strathblane voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Scotland — Question (18 Oct 2012)
“Does the noble Lord agree that independence is a moving feast, as reflected in the concern shown on all sides of the House about the question? I regard Scotland as an independent country at the moment but I am happy to renew my marriage vows with England. The key question is: does Scotland want to leave the UK? The matter must be closely focused on that single issue. Otherwise it will be lost...”
- Flooding: Insurance — Question (18 Jul 2012)
“My Lords, surely the answer is to ensure that planning permission is not given for building on the flood plain unless the developer takes precautionary measures to ensure that the area cannot be flooded in future?”
- Broadband: 4G Mobile — Question (21 Jun 2012)
“How has this situation come about? I confess that I had always thought that, as with most things, we tended to gold-plate our spectrum separation. I was a member of a Select Committee under the chairmanship of the noble Lord, Lord Fowler, which only two years ago took evidence on the switchover of digital radio and television, and no one involved reported any problems.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 62.38% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Gordon of Strathblane’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)