This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Gold’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Gold. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 3 February 2011
- Send a message to Lord Gold (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Gold voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Legal Profession: Regulation — Question for Short Debate (3 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, I start by thanking the noble Baroness, Lady Deech, for bringing this debate forward this evening. Perhaps like the noble Lord, Lord Phillips, I was somewhat sceptical of the Legal Services Act and what was intended by it, but I was not here then. Maybe I would have joined in voting against it. But we are where we are, and we must have a properly regulated legal profession that...”
- Justice and Security Bill [HL]: Committee (3rd Day) (17 Jul 2012)
“My Lords, I am concerned that, if the special advocate is made responsible, there is a greater risk that he will rely on this amendment and withdraw from the proceedings. Although this is not a perfect situation, it is better that the advocate is there and does not withdraw; otherwise there is no representation or no points made independently at all.”
- Minority Ethnic and Religious Communities: Cultural and Economic Contribution — Motion to Take Note (24 May 2012)
“My Lords, I, too, thank the noble Lord, Lord Bilimoria, for introducing the debate. I congratulate the Zoroastrian Parsee community on its 150th anniversary and on making a true contribution to every society in which it occupies a place. The British Isles comprise a wonderful mix of people from all over the world who have chosen to make their lives here. Generally, all races and religions...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 43.77% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Gold’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 5 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)