This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Glenarthur’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Glenarthur. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1976
- Send a message to Lord Glenarthur (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Glenarthur voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Pesticides: Bees — Question (13 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, what has been the reduction, if any, in the bee population over the past few years? Is there any particular threat to the availability of honey in this country as a result?”
- Helicopter Flights: Central London — Question (22 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, I declare an interest as president of the British Helicopter Association, which is the trade association for the helicopter industry. Does my noble friend agree that there should be no knee-jerk reaction to this tragic accident? We need to understand the facts. These are always complex, and the Air Accidents Investigation Branch will be able to deduce what all the reasons were. Does...”
- Airports: Capacity — Question (8 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, my noble friend's Question referred specifically to commercial airports, but not far from Heathrow lies Northolt-principally a Royal Air Force airport but used for some other domestic and international semi-commercial flights. What problems and constraints exist in the further use or development of Northolt to add value to what otherwise would be part of the same hub of London airports?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 28.07% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Glenarthur’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 27 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)