This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Fearn’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
- Also represented Southport
We’re missing a photo of Lord Fearn. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered the House of Lords on 15 October 2001
- Previously MP for Southport until 14 May 2001 — General election
- Positions held at time of appointment: Member of Parliament for Southport, 1987-92 and 1997-2001. Liberal Democrat spokesman for: health, tourism, housing, transport, 1989-92, national heritage, constitution and civil service (tourism), 1997-99; culture, media and sport (tourism), 1999-2001. (from Number 10 press release)
- Entered Parliament on 11 June 1987 — General election
- Send a message to Lord Fearn (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Fearn voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Environment: Sea Defences (13 Mar 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to construct sea defences for the west coast of England and Wales.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Roads: New Roads (13 Mar 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government how many new road links are currently under construction.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Railways: Burscough Curves (11 Mar 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they have any plans to reinstate the Burscough Curves railway line.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 32.43% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Fearn’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)