This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Evans of Temple Guiting’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Evans of Temple Guiting
We’re missing a photo of Lord Evans of Temple Guiting. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 17 May 2000
- Positions held at time of appointment: Managing Director, Faber & Faber (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Evans of Temple Guiting (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Evans of Temple Guiting voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Public Bodies Bill [HL] — Committee (7th Day) (28 Feb 2011)
“My Lords, I rise to speak briefly as a great admirer of NESTA, an organisation that works in an exciting and important area of our society to create a viable commercial future for science, technology and the arts. NESTA's core objective is to combine capital investment with non-financial support to help innovative early-stage companies to turn their ideas into commercial success. These target...”
- British Film Institute: Children's Film Funding — Question (14 Feb 2011)
“My Lords, I declare an interest as a previous vice-chairman of the BFI under the chairmanship of my noble friend Lord Attenborough, who, as we all regret, cannot be in his place today. As the Minister will know, in the past, children's film was financed from the Eady levy and the funding administered by the Children's Film and Television Foundation with great success. If the principle of...”
- Arts: Funding — Debate (3 Feb 2011)
“My Lords, I join everybody in thanking the noble Earl, Lord Clancarty, for initiating this debate. He told us that this was the House's first debate on the arts for 18 months, since a debate initiated by my noble friend Lord Bragg. This has been such a wonderfully interesting afternoon that I hope that, from now on, we will sit all night talking about the arts rather than other matters. We...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 65.55% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Evans of Temple Guiting’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 410 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)