This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Empey’s activity (no more than once per day)
- Became a Lord on 19 January 2011
- Send a message to Lord Empey (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Empey voted on key issues:
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Armed Forces: Afghanistan (22 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what equipment they intend to donate to the Government of Afghanistan upon withdrawing combat troops from that jurisdiction in 2014.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Justice (Northern Ireland) Act 2002 (22 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government who selected the organisations listed in Section 46(1) of the Justice (Northern Ireland) Act 2002; and why those organisations were selected. To ask Her Majesty’s Government why the Central Investigation Service within the Northern Ireland Department of Agriculture and Rural Development was not specified in Section 46 of the Justice (Northern...”
- Queen's Speech — Debate (3rd Day) (13 May 2013)
“My Lords, every time the economy and public spending are mentioned, the word "growth" usually accompanies them. Today is no exception. People say that what we need are policies for growth, as this is the only way to close the deficit and reduce our borrowing. It is easy to see why this is a popular idea. When one looks at the graph of spending to borrowing, a rise in tax revenues brought...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 64 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 77.62% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Empey’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 62 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)