This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Lord Elliott of Morpeth
Former Conservative Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Elliott of Morpeth. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1985
- Left Parliament on 20 May 2011 — Died
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Elliott of Morpeth voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
Most recent appearances
- Railways: East Coast Main Line (19 Feb 2007)
“My Lords, will the noble Lord accept that there is a general appreciation of the quality of the service on the east coast main line?”
- Local Government (24 Nov 2005)
“My Lords, will the Minister assure us that the Government will take into due account that there was a referendum in the northern region where a substantial majority of people requested that we keep our two famous county councils and 18 district councils?”
- Unemployment (12 Jun 2003)
“My Lords, does the Minister accept that the North East of England has always done its best to help itself? Does she appreciate that at present, thanks to the competitiveness of a section of our traditional industry, there is a very good chance of a considerable proportion of a contract for the building of a new aircraft carrier going to the north? If it does, that will be very good news for...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 43.62% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 9 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)