This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Dykes’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Dykes. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 14 July 2004
- Positions held at time of appointment: Associate Member, Quilter, Hilton, Goodison Stockbrokers. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Dykes (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Dykes voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (11 Jul 2013)
“Final all-party agreement on proposals for a Royal Charter on the supervision of ethical standards in the UK press – Lord Dykes.”
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Grand Committee (20 Jun 2013)
“Support for the contribution of the financial services sector to the economy – Lord Deighton.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Media: Press Regulation (18 Jun 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether the all-party draft Royal Charter on press regulation will put in place adequate protection for potential future victims of press intrusion.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 111 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 74.06% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Dykes’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 202 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)