This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Donoughue’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Donoughue. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1985
- Send a message to Lord Donoughue (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Donoughue voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Energy: Wind Farms (16 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what calculations they have made of the effect of the carbon price support mechanism on (1) the level of subsidy payable to existing wind farms and to those planned to be built by 2017, (2) the total of subsidies payable to wind farms by 2020, and (3) the estimated impact on cost of living per household by 2020.”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (4th Day) (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, I agree with every rapid word from my noble friend Lord Prescott, but I wish to focus on the energy section of this debate, bearing in mind the threat of a new Energy Bill. I will concentrate on the Government’s decarbonisation agenda, pursued with little concern for the competitiveness of our economy and with its accompanying pressure to prevent the exploitation of our rich...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Climate Change (22 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answers by Baroness Verma on 14 January (WA 110), 5 February (WA 31-2) and 21 March (WA 170-1), whether they will ensure that their assessment of the probability in relation to global temperatures of a linear trend with first-order autoregressive noise compared with a driftless third-order autoregressive integrated model is published in...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 35 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 48.71% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Donoughue’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 32 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)