This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Denham’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Denham. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1948
- Send a message to Lord Denham (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Denham voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Queen's Speech — Debate (2nd Day) (Continued) (10 May 2012)
“My Lords, when on Monday and Tuesday of last week your Lordships debated a Motion not dissimilar from today's, most noble Lords opened their remarks by saying that in their view this House badly needed a reform, but not that one. Much the same could be said about today. I confess I am somewhat surprised by this sudden passion for more reform. At the time I made my maiden speech in your...”
- Health Transition Risk Register — Statement (10 May 2012)
- House of Lords Reform — Motion to Take Note (29 Jun 2010)
“My Lords, having been a Member of your Lordships' House for an inordinate length of time, I have often had it said to me that I must have seen a lot of changes in the House over the years. I always give the same reply, that what amazes me is not how much the House has changed, but how much it has remained the same. It has survived the advent of the life Peers. It has survived eight Labour...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 48.89% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Denham’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 26 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)