This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Davies of Oldham’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Davies of Oldham
We’re missing a photo of Lord Davies of Oldham. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Davies of Oldham (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Davies of Oldham voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (4 Jun 2013)
“Extending the management by Directly Operated Railways of the East Coast Main Line franchise – Lord Davies of Oldham.”
- Transport: Bus Services — Question (20 May 2013)
“My Lords, the Minister regaled the House with a list of optimistic policies that the Government were pursuing with regard to buses. However, if the grant and support for local buses are reduced by 20%, how on earth are any of these policies going to make a real difference? Will he recognise that there is absolutely no point in the Prime Minister guaranteeing the bus pass for pensioners if...”
- Economy: Growth — Motion to Take Note (16 May 2013)
“My Lords, I congratulate my noble friend Lord Soley on securing this debate and concentrating on the issue that must be of prime importance to all of us: how we restore growth to a flatlining economy. Of course, there are rather fewer contributors today than there were in the economics debate on Monday. It is also true that just before the end of the previous Session we had a major debate on...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 69 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 90.79% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 53 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Davies of Oldham’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2561 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)