This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Condon’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Condon. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 17 July 2001
- Send a message to Lord Condon (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Condon voted on key issues:
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL] — Commons Amendments (25 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I support Amendment 1A, moved by the noble Baroness, Lady Smith, for the reasons that she has set out. I find myself agreeing with much of what the Minister said, apart from the mechanism that he advocates should be used in deciding this issue. As the noble Baroness, Lady Smith, has said, this issue is so important to the national interest that the only mechanism that should be used...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Police and Crime Commissioners: Elections (5 Mar 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their assessment of the recommendations made in the Electoral Reform Society's report "How not to run an election: The Police and Crime Commissioner Elections 2012".”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Roads: Road Safety (26 Feb 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government, in the light of the number of road traffic accidents involving young people and their recently announced discontinuation of funding for television campaigns to promote road safety in that age group, how they plan to promote road safety to young people.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 19.08% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Condon’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 39 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)