This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Cobbold’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Cobbold. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1987
- Send a message to Lord Cobbold (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Cobbold voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (2nd Day) (9 May 2013)
“My Lords, I begin by strongly supporting the words of the noble Baroness, Lady Meacher, on the need to update the national drugs policy. It is an important omission from the Speech. In other respects, I welcome Her Majesty’s somewhat low-key Speech and agree with most of its policy objectives. For example, the aim to reduce the burden of excessive regulation on business is welcomed as...”
- EU Drugs Strategy: EUC Report — Motion to Take Note (19 Jul 2012)
“My Lords, I join those who welcome the European Union Committee's 26th report of Session 2010-12. It is an excellent document and I congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Hannay, and the members of the committee on its creation. I also congratulate the noble Baroness, Lady Meacher, and her team on the detailed response that they have produced and circulated to our meeting today on all aspects of...”
- Draft House of Lords Reform Bill: Motion to Take Note (Continued) (30 Apr 2012)
“My Lords, given the late hour, I shall be brief. I am one of those who feel strongly that the proposal to turn the present House of Lords into a wholly or partly elected Senate is not reform but abolition, the abolition of an institution that has a unique history and which performs a valuable function in the scrutiny of new legislation. It does not create legislation, and where there is...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 23.50% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Cobbold’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 62 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)