This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Carswell’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Carswell. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 13 January 2004
- Send a message to Lord Carswell (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Carswell voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL]: Report (3rd Day) (10 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, I support this amendment. I spoke briefly in Committee and I intend to be brief again today, particularly in view of the way in which the House has so far received the amendment and what the Minister has said. Since that debate in Committee, the Law Commission has published this admirable consultation paper which contains a full and helpful discussion of the issues, the principles...”
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL]: Report (2nd Day) (Continued) (4 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, I support this amendment. For most of my 50 years in courts, this function was carried out by police officers who had the authority and the presence to be able to keep order. At times in my rather coloured career, that was necessary. At one time, we received intelligence that a gun was being smuggled into court to shoot either a witness or me or both of us. Happily, it did not...”
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL]: Amendment 79B withdrawn. (4 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, Plato said: "Wise men talk when they have something to say; fools because they have to say something". I hope that what I have to say will fall into the former category, but having heard what the very experienced and authoritative noble and learned Lords, Lord Lloyd of Berwick and Lord Woolf, said, I will make my point short, simple and direct in support of the amendment. I had...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 1.26% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Carswell’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 9 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)