This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Browne of Madingley’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Browne of Madingley
We’re missing a photo of Lord Browne of Madingley. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 18 July 2001
- Send a message to Lord Browne of Madingley (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Browne of Madingley voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Written Answers — House of Lords: International Scientific Community: Governmental Advice (8 Nov 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what representations they have made to the Government of Italy about the prison sentences passed on seven members of the country's National Commission for the Forecast and Prevention of Major Risks for providing "falsely reassuring statements"; and what assessment they have made of that prosecution's impact on the ability and willingness of the international...”
- Higher Education (Basic Amount) (England) Regulations 2010: Motion to Approve (14 Dec 2010)
“My Lords, a little over two months ago, I published a report outlining a sustainable way forward for higher education funding. Our conclusions are now generally well known, and I have expounded upon them in detail in your Lordships' House on a previous occasion. Today, I will speak as directly as I can on the narrower issue of raising tuition charges, but I do not wish to mislead your...”
- Higher Education: Funding — Motion to Take Note (27 Oct 2010)
“The provision of education has long been the mark of an advanced and civilised society. It provides skills useful to individuals in fashioning a career or a vocation, inculcates a sense of shared heritage and broadens the minds of those who take part. It provides people not just with knowledge today but with the prospect of acquiring knowledge tomorrow by creating a lifelong habit for...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 0.59% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 14 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Browne of Madingley’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 7 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)