This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Brougham and Vaux’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Brougham and Vaux
We’re missing a photo of Lord Brougham and Vaux. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1967
- Send a message to Lord Brougham and Vaux (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Brougham and Vaux voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL] — Commons Amendments (25 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I now call Amendment 11A. I have to advise the House that if Amendment 11A is agreed to, I cannot call Amendment 11B by reason of pre-emption. Amendment 11A (as an amendment to Commons Amendment 11) Moved by Lord Lucas 11A: Line 11, leave out from beginning to ", the" in line 24”
- Financial Services Bill — Report (4th Day) (Continued) (26 Nov 2012)
“I remind the House that if Amendment 92A is agreed, I cannot call Amendments 92B to 93 inclusive. Amendment 92A Moved by Lord Sharkey 92A: Clause 30, page 122, leave out lines 3 to 26 and insert- "296A Additional power to direct UK clearing houses (1) The Bank of England may direct a UK clearing house to take, or refrain from taking, specified action if the Bank is satisfied that it is...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Armed Forces: Medals (5 Jul 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government when they expect to announce the result of the review of military decorations; and, in particular, when they expect to make an announcement about the creation of a campaign medal for veterans of the Arctic supply convoys in World War II.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 66.32% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Brougham and Vaux’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 34 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)