This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Brookman’s activity (no more than once per day)
- Became a Lord in 1998
- Send a message to Lord Brookman (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Brookman voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme 2012: Motion to Approve (25 Jul 2012)
“I say to the noble Lord, Lord McNally, that it is quite evident to me and, I am sure, to the whole Chamber and the Gallery, that you have not had one voice from the coalition government Benches in support of what you are saying. It is obvious that in this Chamber there is strong resentment about the changes proposed, even from your Benches.”
- NHS: Spending Formula — Question (3 Jul 2012)
“We are still the United Kingdom and the Question of the noble Baroness, Lady Quin, is very valid. I am originally from the valleys of south Wales. Life is pretty tough there. I hope that the National Health Service will provide equal service to the people in the valleys of south Wales as it does in the more prosperous areas of the country. Will the Minister confirm that that will be the case?”
- Economy: Private Capital Investment — Question (20 Dec 2011)
“As one of those turkeys not voting for Christmas, I ask the Minister to put to bed for ever a comment made to me some years ago. I come from manufacturing, as many of us on these Benches do, but I was told that it was dead and we were going to sustain our future by banking, the service sector and finance. Will the Minister confirm that manufacturing has a future in this country?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 83.14% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Brookman’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 32 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)