This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Boyce’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Boyce. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 30 June 2003
- Positions held at time of appointment: Chief of the Defence Staff. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Boyce (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Boyce voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Marine Conservation Areas — Question (13 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I declare an interest as Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports. Taking the second part of the question of the noble Lord, Lord Eden, further, can the Minister say what consideration has been given to the small inshore fishermen whose livelihood depends on fishing in some of these designated areas?”
- Shipping: International Maritime Law — Question (4 Feb 2013)
“Could the Minister tell the House whether she feels that an increase in armed guards on board merchant vessels transiting that area has significantly improved security and, as a result, we see far less hostage taking so that lives are saved?”
- Defence Equipment and Support — Statement (17 Jul 2012)
“My Lords, currently Defence Equipment and Support has stewardship of a key front-line activity, logistics support, which includes such things as running naval bases. However successful or otherwise one might view Defence Equipment and Support's performance in this area, the current shock with respect to outsourcing of major critical activities has to be a concern. Can the Minister reassure...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 5.15% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 17 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Boyce’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 31 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)