This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Black of Brentwood’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Black of Brentwood
We’re missing a photo of Lord Black of Brentwood. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 13 July 2010
- Send a message to Lord Black of Brentwood (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Black of Brentwood voted on key issues:
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (4th Day) (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, I want to address an issue that affects millions of families in this country. It is a subject that cuts right across many of the areas that we have been discussing today, including health, welfare and education. It has a breadth and width throughout society that is in many ways far greater than the important measures outlined in the gracious Speech, yet it rarely gets a look-in when...”
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL] — Commons Amendments (25 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I declare an interest as Executive Director of the Telegraph Media Group and Chairman of the Press Standards Board of Finance. I want to speak to Amendments 11 to 19. This group of amendments covers issues that are wide ranging and, as the noble Lord, Lord Lucas, so ably demonstrated, extremely complex. They go to the heart of some fundamental issues of law and justice, impinge on...”
- HIV/AIDS: Commonwealth Countries — Question for Short Debate (13 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, it is a privilege to lead this debate. I am indebted for the support of the organisations that work tirelessly in this area, including the Human Dignity Trust, the HIV/AIDS Alliance, the Kaleidoscope Trust and the Terrence Higgins Trust. It is a while since this House debated the issue of HIV/AIDS, so let us first remind ourselves of the scale of the problem. While in the developed...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 23 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 81.13% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Black of Brentwood’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 40 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)