This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Bew’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Bew. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 15 May 2007
- Send a message to Lord Bew (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Bew voted on key issues:
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (2nd Day) (9 May 2013)
“My Lords, yesterday the noble Lord, Lord Lang of Monkton, in his witty and elegant speech, moved the Motion for an humble Address to Her Majesty. His tone was, for the most part, light and genial. He did, however, refer to one passage in the gracious Speech. He noted the words: “My Ministers will … work in co-operation with the devolved Administrations”, and added, rather...”
- Defamation Bill — Commons Reasons (23 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I rise to speak to Amendment 2C. However, I feel I have to respond immediately to the words of the noble Lord, Lord Lester, which I have to say, on behalf of Northern Ireland as a region, makes me feel very uneasy. The point about this Bill is that it is not just about enhancing press freedom but about public debate more generally, including academic freedom. I find it very...”
- Israel and Palestine — Question for Short Debate (7 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, I thank the noble Baroness, Lady Falkner of Margravine, for securing this debate. I listened to her initial remarks with the same pleasure and profit as always. I declare an interest as chairman of the Anglo-Israel Association and as the outgoing chairman of the British-Irish Association. The noble Baroness, Lady Falkner, made the point that 2013 marks the 20th anniversary of the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 36.65% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 19 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Bew’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 60 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)