This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Best’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Best. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 26 June 2001
- Send a message to Lord Best (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Best voted on key issues:
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Garden Cities — Question (6 Jun 2013)
“Does the Minister agree that some major and new settlements can take place within urban areas, incorporating all the good principles that she has mentioned—the Olympic Village being one such example and, now, even the big King’s Cross redevelopment? Will plenty of encouragement be given in any prospectus that comes out for urban-based new settlements?”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (4th Day) (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, my contribution to this debate considers the issue of housing in the context of health, welfare and several other aspects of the gracious Speech. My theme, to quote a Canadian saying, is that housing is the home of all issues. I declare my interest as president of the Local Government Association, chair of the Hanover Housing Association, chair of the council of the Property...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 25.89% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 25 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Best’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 194 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)