This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Bates’s activity (no more than once per day)
- Became a Lord on 7 July 2008
- Send a message to Lord Bates (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Bates voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (19 Jun 2013)
“Review by the Office of the Parliamentary Counsel 'When laws become too complex' – Lord Bates.”
- Offender Rehabilitation Bill [HL] — Second Reading (20 May 2013)
“My Lords, in following the noble Lord, Lord Ramsbotham, who must be foremost among all prison reformers of the present generation and who knows more about this subject than anyone, I fear that my only contribution for my friends on the Front Bench in speaking in support of the Bill might be to allow them a gentle eight minutes in which to receive messages from the Box to respond to the noble...”
- Economy: Growth — Motion to Take Note (16 May 2013)
“If the noble Lord will allow me, I just need to correct for the record that I did not say that the GDP figures were worthless. I never used that term. I simply queried the mix between the construction and service sectors—be it 5,000, 10,000 or 12,000—and whether that mix was under review in order to ensure that we are accurately reflecting the performance of the economy.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 59.72% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 27 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Bates’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 149 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)