This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Barnett’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Barnett. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1983
- Send a message to Lord Barnett (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Barnett voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (4 Jun 2013)
“Meaning of "flexibility in the fiscal framework" in the Chancellor’s speech to the IMF in Washington in April – Lord Barnett.”
- EU: Reform — Question (16 May 2013)
“My Lords, I am not sure whether the noble Lord can speak for the Prime Minister on this occasion, but will he tell us whether the major changes that he said he was looking for will require treaty change and the agreement of all 27 member states?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 67 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 48.08% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Barnett’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 222 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)