This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Baker of Dorking’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Baker of Dorking
We’re missing a photo of Lord Baker of Dorking. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Baker of Dorking (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Baker of Dorking voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Education: Curriculum, Exam and Accountability Reform — Statement (7 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, I warmly welcome the Statement made by Michael Gove in the other House and repeated by my noble friend. When a politician changes his mind it should be an act of rejoicing. What Michael Gove has done in the House of Commons today can only be done by a big politician; little ones would not dare to do it. I very much welcome the fact that we are going back to eight GCSEs, with two...”
- Education: Academies and Free Schools — Question for Short Debate (4 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, I thank the noble Baroness for introducing this debate. I also welcome my noble friend Lord Nash to the Front Bench. Although he has skirmished at Question Time, this is the first debate on which he has had to answer. This is an engagement and not a skirmish. I should like to make one major point. Michael Gove has imposed on the English education system an enormous revolution, which...”
- Economy: Growth — Question for Short Debate (6 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, the essence of the Heseltine report is the growth and wealth of the economy over the next 50 years. We all know that it will not come from banking services and real estate but from technological innovation, inventions and the capacity to make goods and services that the rest of the world wants to buy, but there is a massive skills shortage. The Royal Academy of Engineering and the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 26.19% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Baker of Dorking’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 125 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)