This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Astor of Hever’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Astor of Hever
- Whip, House of Lords (since 14 May 2010)
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Defence (since 14 May 2010) (note about dates)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Astor of Hever. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1984
- Send a message to Lord Astor of Hever (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Astor of Hever voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Armed Forces: Medals (18 Jun 2013)
“I refer the noble Lord to the Written Statement I made on 18 March 2013 (Official Report, column WS33). This presents our position with regards to awarding the Military Cross to 2nd Lieutenant Walter Tull, and has been used in responding to a small number of representations received since then.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Armed Forces: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (18 Jun 2013)
“No UK civil servants or UK military personnel are involved in the maintenance or operation of unmanned aerial vehicles flown from Jalalabad.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Drones (18 Jun 2013)
“There are no plans to provide armed surveillance drones to the Syrian position.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 65.66% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 18 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Astor of Hever’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 474 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)