This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Ashcroft’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Ashcroft. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 24 October 2000
- Positions held at time of appointment: Chairman, Carlisle Holdings Ltd (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Ashcroft (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Ashcroft voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Democratic Republic of Congo (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government whether the Foreign Secretary achieved all the objectives of his recent visit to the Democratic Republic of the Congo with Angelina Jolie.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Diego Garcia (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answer by Baroness Warsi on 10 April (WA 280), whether they have any knowledge or evidence of Diego Garcia being used for rendition flights since 1 January 2010.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: King Richard III (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government who is the legal owner of the remains of King Richard III.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 82 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 16.49% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 33 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Ashcroft’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 5 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)