This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Ashcroft’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Ashcroft. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 24 October 2000
- Positions held at time of appointment: Chairman, Carlisle Holdings Ltd (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Ashcroft (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Ashcroft voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Armed Forces: Medals (12 Jun 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they intend to award any further Arctic Star medals; and, if so, when they will publish the names of those to receive them.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Overseas Territories (11 Jun 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of An assessment of environmental protection frameworks in the UK Overseas Territories produced by the Foundation for International Environmental Law and Development and the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: BBC: Charter (4 Jun 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they will initiate an inquiry as to whether the BBC is fulfilling its Charter responsibilities and television licence holders are getting value for money.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 86 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 16.48% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 33 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Ashcroft’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 5 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)