This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Lord Archer of Sandwell
Former Labour Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Archer of Sandwell. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1992
- Left Parliament on 14 June 2012 — Died
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Archer of Sandwell voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Public Bodies Bill [HL]: Report (2nd Day) (28 Mar 2011)
“Since the noble Lord was kind enough to tempt me to my feet, would he agree that many local tribunals and public bodies lead lonely lives, and that the great contribution of a central body is that it can collect and disseminate experience and best practice? If that were missing, everyone's performance would suffer.”
- Blood and Blood Products — Statement (10 Jan 2011)
“I thank the noble Earl for repeating the Statement and recognise his readiness to listen to and act on representations, but will he also recognise the efforts of a vast number of people of all political parties and none who have worked assiduously for a very long time to ensure that financial relief of a proper order is made available to those who have suffered from the tragedy and to their...”
- Iraq: Camp Ashraf — Question (25 Oct 2010)
“In the absence of my noble friend Lord Corbett of Castle Vale, and at his request, I beg leave to ask the Question in his name on the Order Paper.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 70.91% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 10 people are tracking this peer.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 155 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)