This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Alliance’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Alliance. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 13 September 2004
- Positions held at time of appointment: Chairman, N Brown Group. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Alliance (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Alliance voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Postal Services Bill [HL]: Second Reading (10 Mar 2009)
“My Lords, I declare an interest as the chairman and main shareholder of a company that is the second largest customer of the Royal Mail. I greatly appreciate the relationship my company has had with the Royal Mail over the past 100 years, although I have not been in charge for all that time. I very much wish this relationship to continue, as the Royal Mail has done a very good job but, in...”
- Address in Reply to Her Majesty's Most Gracious Speech (23 May 2005)
“My Lords, my first remarks in the Chamber are ones of immense gratitude to the people of this country and to its system of democracy. More than 50 years ago, I arrived in Manchester—the home of textiles—as a teenage Jewish immigrant with very little English and only a few pounds in my pocket—the princely sum of £14 to be precise. The generous, warm-hearted Lancashire...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 9.72% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 10 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Alliance’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)