This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Alli’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Alli. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1998
- Send a message to Lord Alli (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Alli voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Leveson Inquiry — Motion to Take Note (11 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, first, I, too, congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Trees, on his maiden speech. I look forward to hearing more from him in the future. Like many in this House, I have watched the events of the past 16 months with a degree of horror and disbelief but also with, I have to be honest, not a huge degree of surprise. So many lives have been destroyed by so few for so little, but perhaps the...”
- Marriages and Civil Partnerships (Approved Premises) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 — Motion to Annul (15 Dec 2011)
“My Lords, I wanted to start by arguing that this issue has already been debated at length in your Lordships' House and that the opinion of the House had already been made clear. Then I came to my senses and remembered that I was actually in your Lordships' House, so I disposed of that line of argument. I shall move on to the substantive issues and tackle first the intention of the clause to...”
- Privileges and Conduct Committee: Fourth Report: Motion to Agree (21 Oct 2010)
“My Lords, I have thought long and hard about whether or not to intervene in today's debate. There are those who advised me to keep quiet and not rock the boat, but I have some serious worries about these reports and I believe that it is right and proper to share them with the House. By way of background, I have read the committee's reports on each of the three cases, and two aspects of these...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 43.28% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 16 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Alli’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 62 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)