This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Strathclyde’s activity (no more than once per day)
- Leader of the House of Lords, House of Lords (since 12 May 2010)
Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster (since 12 May 2010) (note about dates)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Strathclyde. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1985
- Send a message to Lord Strathclyde (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Strathclyde voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: House of Lords: Appointments (8 Jan 2013)
“It remains the Government's continued intention that Lords appointments will be made with the objective of creating a second Chamber that is reflective of the share of the vote secured by the political parties in the last general election, and this commitment is taken into account by the Prime Minister when making appointments.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Written Ministerial Statements (8 Jan 2013)
“I do not intend to issue such guidance to Ministers. The Official Report is held in perpetuity and covered by parliamentary privilege, and therefore not every written response by a Minister to a point raised in a debate in the House will be suitable for publication as a Written Ministerial Statement.”
- EU: United States Free Trade Agreement — Question (19 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, I think it is the turn of my noble friend Lady Falkner.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 53 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 54.43% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Strathclyde’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 838 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)