This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Garel-Jones’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Garel-Jones. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Garel-Jones (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Garel-Jones voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- European Council — Statement (12 Dec 2011)
“My Lords, does my noble friend agree that under the terms of Article 136 of the treaty of Rome, to which the United Kingdom is a signatory, those members of the eurozone have been entitled, and are entitled-we wish them well in doing so-to take measures specific to those member states whose currency is the euro, so in that sense nothing has changed? Furthermore, is it not the case that under...”
- Scotland Bill: Second Reading (6 Sep 2011)
“The noble Lord mentioned qualified majority voting as being the norm, but I am sure that he would agree that an application by an independent Scotland for membership of the European Union, which it would have to make, would need unanimity.”
- European Union Bill: Report (2nd Day) (13 Jun 2011)
“As the noble Lord, Lord Kerr, has already said-he has more experience than me-there are three very distinguished ex-Chancellors sitting below me. Would not the rate at which we enter-such a delicate matter as far as markets are concerned-normally be decided after markets had closed, say on a Friday, and revealed before markets opened on Monday? The risk of doing it any other way would be...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 22.87% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Garel-Jones’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 6 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)