This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Avebury’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
- Became a Lord in 1971
- Send a message to Lord Avebury (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Avebury voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: UK Border Agency (13 Jun 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what independent checks are carried out to ensure that (1) Rule 35 reports are being submitted by the UK Border Agency, (2) caseowners act on them appropriately within 48 hours, and (3) detailed records are kept of the process in case of future legal challenge.”
- Homeless People: Night Shelters — Question (11 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, the noble Lord said that this was an isolated incident, but is he aware that local authorities are already cutting off housing benefit and that shelters are closing down? When will Homeless Link and Crisis have a reply to the representations that they made to DWP asking for an urgent clarification of this ruling?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 116 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.57% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 46 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Avebury’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1012 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)