This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Earl Peel’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Earl Peel. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1969
- Send a message to Earl Peel (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Earl Peel voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Message from the Queen (29 May 2012)
“My Lords, I have the honour to present to your Lordships a message from Her Majesty the Queen, signed by her own hand. The message is as follows: "I have received with great satisfaction the dutiful and loyal expression of your thanks for the Speech with which I opened the present Session of Parliament".”
- Message from the Queen (18 Jul 2011)
“My Lords, I have the honour to notify your Lordships that Her Majesty the Queen, having been informed that your Lordships have elected the Baroness D'Souza to be Lord Speaker, has pleasure in confirming your Lordships' choice of her as your Speaker.”
- Message from the Queen (13 Jun 2011)
“My Lords, I have the honour to present to your Lordships a message from Her Majesty the Queen, signed by her own hand. The message is as follows: "I have received your address about His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh on the occasion of his ninetieth birthday. It gives me great pleasure to convey to the Duke of Edinburgh the loyal and affectionate sentiments you express on behalf of My...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 22.47% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Earl Peel’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 214 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)