This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on the Earl of Listowel’s activity (no more than once per day)
the Earl of Listowel
We’re missing a photo of the Earl of Listowel. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to the Earl of Listowel (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How the Earl of Listowel voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Adoption: Adoption Legislation Committee Reports — Motion to Take Note (16 May 2013)
“I add my thanks to the members of the Select Committee and to my noble and learned friend Lady Butler-Sloss for their hard work and for this debate. Their work could hardly be more timely or the committee’s membership more expert and authoritative. I declare my interest as a patron of the National Association of Independent Reviewing Officers, a trustee of the Michael Sieff Foundation,...”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (4th Day) (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, there is much to welcome in the Queen’s Speech. I particularly look forward to the advent of the Children and Families Bill. I welcome the attention that the Government have been paying to adoption and I hope that we may be able to encourage them to offer still more support to adoptive families and provide further support for young people leaving care as the Bill makes its...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Health: Meningococcal B Vaccine (10 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what discussions they have had with the Scottish Government and the Northern Irish Executive regarding the introduction of the meningococcal B vaccine into the childhood immunisation schedule. To ask Her Majesty's Government how their discussions are progressing with the Local Government Association, the NHS Commissioning Board and Public Health Executive...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 31.05% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 23 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on the Earl of Listowel’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 426 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)