This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on the Earl of Lindsay’s activity (no more than once per day)
the Earl of Lindsay
We’re missing a photo of the Earl of Lindsay. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1989
- Send a message to the Earl of Lindsay (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How the Earl of Lindsay voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Scotland Bill: Second Reading (6 Sep 2011)
“My Lords, I thank my noble and learned friend the Minister for introducing the Bill to the House. I declare an interest as a member of the Calman commission and, in doing so, I express my broad support for what the Bill intends to achieve and the opportunity that it provides for implementing the recommendations put forward by the Calman commission. I have listened with care to the concerns...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Firearms: Consultation (25 Apr 2006)
“asked Her Majesty's Government: When the two-tier firearms advisory committee will be established; and Why there has been a delay in establishing the firearms advisory committee; and When the first meeting of the firearms advisory committee will take place; and When the response to the Home Office 2004 consultation paper, Controls on Firearms, will be published; and When the last meeting of...”
- Atlantic Salmon (9 Apr 2003)
“My Lords, I, too, thank my noble friend Lord Forsyth for introducing the debate. I declare two interests. I am a fly fisherman and, more importantly, I am the chairman of Scottish Quality Salmon, a membership scheme to which two-thirds of the Scottish farmed salmon industry belong. It is not a trade association in the normal sense of the word. It is a quality scheme exclusive to companies...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 28.24% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on the Earl of Lindsay’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)