This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on the Earl of Glasgow’s activity (no more than once per day)
the Earl of Glasgow
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of the Earl of Glasgow. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 25 January 2005
- Send a message to the Earl of Glasgow (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How the Earl of Glasgow voted on key issues:
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Queen's Speech — Debate (3rd Day) (13 May 2013)
“My Lords, it seems that all parties regard transport as a minor, even expendable, department of government. In the past three years of this Parliament, we have already had three Ministers of Transport. The job has become a staging post for Ministers moving on to what are generally regarded as more important ministerial roles. As someone who cares a lot about our public transport, I find this...”
- Assisted Dying — Question for Short Debate (13 Feb 2012)
“My Lords, death, as we all know, comes to all of us, so there is no point in being frightened of it. What we do fear, though, is the manner of our death. If we are unfortunate enough to contract some terminal illness involving a painful or undignified death, we may well wish to die before the worst hits us. But to achieve that we will need assistance and, as the law now stands, any doctor or...”
- Crime: Metal Thieves — Question (15 Dec 2011)
“Metal theft has become a really serious epidemic. As the noble Baroness said a moment ago, only about two days ago some copper metal was taken from a hospital in Wales and that resulted in eight operations having to be abandoned. I want to be assured by the Minister that the Government are going to deal with this very urgently and have some plans to deal with these scrap metal dealers as soon...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 43.73% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on the Earl of Glasgow’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 26 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)