This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on the Earl of Dundee’s activity (no more than once per day)
the Earl of Dundee
We’re missing a photo of the Earl of Dundee. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1983
- Send a message to the Earl of Dundee (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How the Earl of Dundee voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Council of Europe: Local and Regional Democracy — Question for Short Debate (6 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, in my remarks today I would like briefly to connect together three themes. The first is the huge importance of local democracy-its obvious and immediate relevance; its scope for enhancing national and international democracy; and conversely regarding the latter, its ability to reduce or remove what to some extent has lately become alienation or even mistrust. Secondly, there is the...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Health: Allergies (24 Sep 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to improve the diagnosis and cure of allergies. To ask Her Majesty's Government what measures they are proposing to improve the systems for training and sharing information between health professionals responsible for the diagnosis and cure of allergies.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 36.13% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on the Earl of Dundee’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 32 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)