This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Earl Cathcart’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Earl Cathcart. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 7 March 2007
- Send a message to Earl Cathcart (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Earl Cathcart voted on key issues:
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Energy: Biofuels — Question (27 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, will increasing the use of biofuels increase or decrease the price at the pumps?”
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill — Third Reading (20 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I farm in Norfolk. The noble Lord, Lord Whitty, argues his case well, as he always does. He calls for yet another impact assessment of the effect of the abolition of the Agricultural Wages Board on the agricultural economy and on the wages and conditions of those who work in the sector. I am afraid that I do not agree with his arguments, as I do not see the point of yet another...”
- Civil Aviation Bill — Report (7 Nov 2012)
“My Lords, I am by and large happy with the government amendments in this group and will talk particularly to Amendments 1 and 7. The wording is not precisely what we asked for, but my noble friend Lord Attlee has clearly listened to the arguments expressed in Committee, on all sides, and has gone a long way to addressing these concerns. I will say something on Amendments 2 and 8 in the name...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 74.25% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Earl Cathcart’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 130 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)