This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on the Countess of Mar’s activity (no more than once per day)
the Countess of Mar
We’re missing a photo of the Countess of Mar. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1975
- Send a message to the Countess of Mar (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How the Countess of Mar voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Employment: Work Capability Assessments (22 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many appeals against initial work capability assessments to either Jobcentre Plus decision-makers or the First Tier Tribunal have been successful; what percentage of total appeals have been successful; how many successful appeals were attributed to errors in assessments conducted by Atos Healthcare between March 2012 and March 2013; and what...”
- Transport: Bus Services — Question (20 May 2013)
“My Lords, talking of small cuts, our local village has a rather intermittent bus service, but they use quite large buses on the route. The buses are mainly empty. Would it be possible to use minibuses, which are cheaper to maintain, do not take up so much of the road and do not wreck the roads quite so much, instead of expensive single-decker buses?”
- NHS: GP Dispensing — Question (16 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they will review the rule that prevents patients of dispensing doctors who live within 1.6 kilometres of a pharmacy from collecting their medication from a doctor’s dispensary.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 80 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 29.27% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 60 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on the Countess of Mar’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 217 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)